Culinary expert and food stylist Vindhya Karwa puts together a colourful bowl of deliciousness: A vibrant One-Pot Veggie Thai Rice.
This simple vegetable-packed meal is filling, tasty and nutritious.
One-Pot Veggie Thai Rice
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 red bell pepper or capsicum, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper or capsium, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green zucchini, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 10 to 12 baby corn, cut into thin strips, lengthwise
- 1 cup boiled kabuli channa or chickpeas
- 1 broccoli head, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch of spinach, chopped
- ¼ red cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot shredded
- 2 stalks spring onion, chopped
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- ½ tsp haldi or turmeric powder
- 2 tsp brown sugar or jaggery
- Extra virgin olive oil for sauteing
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups spicy Thai satay peanut sauce, available online or in gourmet gorcery stores or you can make your own sauce
- In a heavy-bottomed kadhai or frying pan over medium heat, saute the red and yellow bell peppers and zucchini using very little oil.
Add salt, toss, take off heat and keep aside.
- In the same pan, stir-fry the baby corn using a few more drops of oil.
Add salt, give it a toss, take off heat and keep aside.
- Then in the same pan, stir-fry the spinach, add salt and the brown sugar/jaggery.
Take off heat when it wilts and keep aside.
- Next add the broccoli and salt, let it cook on high heat for a few minutes, till cooked, and take off heat and keep aside.
- In a saucepan over low heat saute the boiled chickpeas in oil, adding the turmeric and chilly powder, salt and lime juice.
- In a deep serving bowl, add the cooked brown rice, followed by the chickpeas, bell peppers, zucchini, baby corn, wilted spinach, broccoli.
Top with the shredded red cabbage, shredded carrot and finely chopped spring onion.
Lastly, generously pour on the spicy Thai satay peanut sauce on top.
- MORE RECIPES FOR YOU!
Source: Read Full Article