Celebrity Chef Ranveer Brar shares two recipes that can be prepared in under 30 minutes and require no cooking.
The Paan Shots have a great interplay of the flavours of betel leaves, gulkhand, coconut and cherries.
The fruity Melon Salad is from fresh, seasonal, local produce.
- 4 betel leaves
- 4 tbsp gulkand or rose petal jam, easily available in grocery stores or online
- 3 tsp saunf or fennel seeds
- 2 tsp desiccated coconut
- 2-3 glazed cherries
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 10 ice cubes
- Shot glasses to serve
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend well.
Transfer into a bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Pour into shot glasses and serve chilled.
For honey ginger dressing
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp ginger juice
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp lemon zest
For the salad
- 1 cup cubed mangoes
- ¾ cup cubed kiwis
- 1 cup scooped (lemon-sized) musk melon
- 1 cup scooped (lemon-sized) watermelon
- Mint leaves, for the garnish
For the dressing
- In a bowl combine the honey, lemon juice and zest, ginger juice and stir well.
- Mix all the cut and scooped fruits in a large bowl.
Add the dressing and toss.
Garnish with mint leaves and serve cold.
Ranveer Brar, celebrity chef and television personality, posts his recipes under the Instagram handle @ranveer.brar
- MORE RECIPES
Source: Read Full Article