One third of our population is having sleepless nights. Moreover, 48 % of people complain that their mental health is affected due to lack of sleep. The doctors say that sleep deprivation is a real problem and a concern that should be avoided. If you make small changes in what you do at night, you will get 8 hours of sleep.
Tips for good sleep
· Stop work and switch off the computers about 30-45 minutes before going to sleep.
· Difficulty sleeping in a new place.
· Late night workout affects sleep.
· Go to sleep at same time each night, and get up at same time each morning, even on the weekends.
· Stay away from alcohol and the caffeine late in the day
· Pay attention to what you eat and drink. Do not go to the bed hungry or stuffed.
· Create a restful environment. Keep your room cool, dark and quiet.
· Limit daytime naps.
· Avoid nicotine completely.
· Include physical activity in your daily routine.
· Manage worries.
Normal sleep pattern-
An average sleep cycle lasts about ninety minutes. Ideally, you need 4-6 cycles of sleep every 24 hours to feel fresh and rested. Each cycle contains four individual stages: three that form non-rapid eye movement sleep and one rapid eye movement sleep.
Source: Read Full Article